CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
looking for answers

how many time have u had your diagnosis changed?

1 hour ago, Geek said:

Count me as another with a dx that stuck. I've been pretty clearly depressed, anxious and socially phobic/anxious since I was a teenager. In college I got ADHD added when I did a formal psychological assessment (which included discussion of my childhood behaviours).

mine has alwasy meen anxiety with depression.......then adhd has been floated......but now with a new tdoc doing psych assessments hes thinking cyclothymia........

when u say psychological assessment what do you mean? dont you get assessed by all dr's?

For me, first depression then bipolar then SZA bipolar type. So three changes in over 12 years maybe? (If you don't count my teenage depression years when I saw professionals...then it would be longer than 12 years) Anxiety has always been in the mix, however. 

I went from depression to bipolar 1. It was a combination of the illness developing, and my inability to recognize mania.

I've been diagnosed with panic disorder too, many years ago, but thankfully it resolved and never returned. 

6 hours ago, miga7 said:

I went from depression to bipolar 1. It was a combination of the illness developing, and my inability to recognize mania.

I've been diagnosed with panic disorder too, many years ago, but thankfully it resolved and never returned. 

so the panic disorder is gone, thats great!

care to explain the inability to recognize the mania? does it make sense now? can u recognize it now? do you agree with the diagnosis

I was diagnosed with depression first. It was quickly changed to Bipolar 1 after Prozac flipped me not mania. I had manias before but didn't know what they were.

I went from just OCD, then bipolar II, then bipolar I, then schizoaffective bipolar type.

22 hours ago, looking for answers said:

when u say psychological assessment what do you mean? dont you get assessed by all dr's?

I had formal testing done for learning disabilities while trying not to acknowledge that my depression was out of control. I was referred to a local university's psychological assessment program by my gdoc. At the time I was not seeing a pdoc. Over the course of about 6-8 hours they did really thorough interviews, a lot of different kinds of testing, and reviewed what (meager) records I had. I came out with a dx of ADHD, depression, general and social anxiety, scores on various tests including IQ and a recommendation of ways that my university could help me improve my performance. I took the paperwork with their recommendations to get accommodations at school, which helped me. My gdoc changed her approach to my psych/MI care and also added a stimulant. 

30 minutes ago, Geek said:

I had formal testing done for learning disabilities while trying not to acknowledge that my depression was out of control. I was referred to a local university's psychological assessment program by my gdoc. At the time I was not seeing a pdoc. Over the course of about 6-8 hours they did really thorough interviews, a lot of different kinds of testing, and reviewed what (meager) records I had. I came out with a dx of ADHD, depression, general and social anxiety, scores on various tests including IQ and a recommendation of ways that my university could help me improve my performance. I took the paperwork with their recommendations to get accommodations at school, which helped me. My gdoc changed her approach to my psych/MI care and also added a stimulant. 

that's great are u in usa? is gdoc the general

doc?

For me my diagnosis changed a few times. It started out, if I can recall correctly, first episode psychosis, then psychosis NOS, then attenuated psychosis, then we added on depression, OCD, social anxiety, and general anxiety. then attenuated psychosis became full on psychosis, then it went away, not because I got better but because another doctor said I never had it in the first place. Finally they added illness anxiety disorder, because of reasons.

so that makes me an anxious, depressed hypochondriac so far. it has only been 10 months since my brain went all fuckey on me, so lets see how much it changes after this. 

On 8/8/2017 at 7:10 PM, Wonderful.Cheese said:

For me, first depression then bipolar then SZA bipolar type. So three changes in over 12 years maybe? (If you don't count my teenage depression years when I saw professionals...then it would be longer than 12 years) Anxiety has always been in the mix, however. 

This is more of an evolution of diagnosis that they come to after exteneded observation.