I know Lithium makes you thirsty, and you're supposed to drink a lot of water on it, especially after physical exertion or when it's hot. So do you think Lithium also lowers your tolerance for the heat? A year ago I ran a 10 minute mile in 104ºF degree weather. This year, I am running 13 minute miles in 88º degree weather and I can't stand the 88ºF heat. I started Lithium in February.

This is so weird. Any thoughts?

Edited by Alien Navel Cord

I don't want to be frightening, but that doesn't sound weird it sounds about right to me.

Lithium made me heat intolerant. More than the heat, I felt practically incapacitated by hot sunlight. I would become dizzy and overheated just going out to the mailbox on a really hot sunny day. 

I had to greatly reduce how strenuous my exercise was. I dropped from hiking 6 miles with tons of energy to staggering through a two mile walk drinking tons of water and taking lots of breaks.

It helped to have a small snack that had salt like pretzels, and I would feel much less dizzy, although I'm not sure if that is good advice because you have to be careful with your salt intake.

I'm curious what other people think here so I hope you get more responses.

Thanks for your response, that is kind of how I feel now in the heat. Last year my attitude was "Nothing I can do to change it so I'll just ignore it and go about my business." Now - it is "Ugh this is awful, I'm going to focus on how I can' stand this heat". 

I don't like getting cold, either, but the heat just makes me feel exhausted and way too thirsty.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...