Well, Trileptal (like Tegretol) can be hard on the liver. Mixing it with alcohol just makes it that much harder on the liver. So if you value your liver, you will abstain or keep it to a bare minimum.

Depends on the dose. I used to drink on 600-900mg daily total. My experience was that different things happen: it can enhance the alcohol or the opposite can also happen: the liver gets a workout over time so you drink more faster. I wonder if this means your body will process your medication faster. Obviously its a bad idea. And the hangovers are terrible. Just be careful. 

On 8/3/2017 at 0:07 PM, jt07 said:

Well, Trileptal (like Tegretol) can be hard on the liver. Mixing it with alcohol just makes it that much harder on the liver. So if you value your liver, you will abstain or keep it to a bare minimum.

Trileptal and Lamictal are easy on the liver compared to all other anticonvulsants. Mixing with alcohol obviously is not going to be good for the liver.

1 hour ago, Yuna said:

Trileptal and Lamictal are easy on the liver compared to all other anticonvulsants. Mixing with alcohol obviously is not going to be good for the liver.

Trileptal is an enzyme inducer just like Tegretol. Granted it is not considered as toxic as Tegretol, but it still is toxic. However, Trileptal has not been studied as extensively as Tegretol so we really don't know the extent of the toxicity. 

To the best of my knowledge, Lamictal is not an enzyme inducer.