ED problems resurface.

I don't know why but after not really struggling with binging and purging for several years (9) I seem to be picking it up again. I told my psychiatrist and he recommended a place that has services for people with eating disorders but I feel like they'd not believe me that I have a problem because I'm overweight or they would judge. I'm scared my teeth will be ruined because it's hard not to whenever I binge. Seems like I almost-impulsively plan to binge hours in advance. 

They come back sometimes. It's annoying, but it happens.

I suspect that the treatment place will believe you. It's worth investigating, and it could save your teeth. I wonder if your pdoc could help to reassure you with your weight, and maybe warn them in advance that this is particularly sensitive for you (as it is with everyone with an ED).

• 4 weeks later...

It's not uncommon to swap up ED behaviors or have old behaviors resurface.

In my experience, clients in treatment are much more focused on similarities (e.g. stress during a restaurant outing or over an upcoming holiday) versus differences with weights and numbers.  At the end of the day, you're all there to get back to having a healthier relationship with food and with your own body image.

I hope you'll consider looking into treatment.  Binge eating and purging can be such a drain, both physically and psychologically.

• Like 2