Trying not to freak out...

or at least trying to hide it from everyone I care about. 

My oldest has chronic boils on his knees and elbows. I was worried at first about MRSA, but then I read that they need treatment. The boils always go away on their own within a few days to a week. However, he had a particularly bad one, and I started to get nervous again. I took him to urgent care because his regular doctor didn't have openings. They thought it looked like MRSA, so they drained it and sent the sample to a lab. It came back with gram-positive bacteria, so it's staph, but it may or may not be MRSA. 

Because he's so young (8 tomorrow), and these happen so frequently, and he gets frequent other kinds of infections, they want to him to be tested to see if he's a MRSA carrier and why this is happening. Now, while he gets frequent infections, they resolve quickly, sometimes on their own even. So, the NP was fairly confident that his immune system is working fine. However, I'm worried all the same. When they drained his boil, he *bled*. A lot. About 2-3 times as much as boils I've had bled, which were twice as large as his. He bruises easily. He has frequent stomach aches. He's often tired. And he has frequent infections (December-January 2016, he had pink eye 5 times even though I was obsessive about germ-control). I'm so, so, so afraid he has leukemia, and I know I'm borrowing trouble, and there is no sense worrying, but I can't help myself. And, I doubt it would stay at the same level of severity for over a year. At least he's on the right track (now, anyway). That's the other thing: I feel incredibly guilty for letting this go so long. I guess there's nothing I can do about that either.

Anyway, I needed to express this with people who wouldn't worry significantly about him (particularly my mom who is even more anxious about illnesses, especially leukemia). Thanks for being here.

Hey, my mom didn't take me to the doctor for like 4 days after I broke my wrist when I was 4. Finally listened to me saying it hurt, and took me to the doctor. He took one look at my wrist and was like yeah, it's broken.

After that, if I so much as stubbed a finger playing basketball, I was straight to the ER. She overcorrected.

Anyway, I don't think having my wrist hurt a couple days extra was especially traumatizing. Everyone does the best they can as parents, you know?