Stimulant making me less social?

So lately I have been noticing that when I take my Dexedrine or Zenzedi I talk much less, and am easily annoyed or irritated when someone tries to talk to me, especially if I am busy doing something. I also just have less to say when I am conversing and keep my replies very short. It's odd because when I first got prescribed stimulants I was the complete opposite, and actually had increased talkativeness (I was prescribed adderall back then, don't know if that makes much of a difference). Maybe I am just too focused on whatever I'm doing to want to socialize, but this also happens when I'm not doing anything important like watching TV or other mundane activities. It's like I just don't want to or feel like talking.

Does anyone else notice their stimulant medication makes them less social and/or less talkative? If so, how do you feel about this? I find it quite bothersome IMO because I feel like it makes me come across to others as uninterested, impatient, and sometimes rude.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 11:12 PM, mmaryland said:

Does anyone else notice their stimulant medication makes them less social and/or less talkative?

Although I never been on Dexedrine (past stims in signature), I get the opposite effect on stimulants. 

I am hypervigilant to my surroundings which is a huge factor to my Social Anxiety. Stimulants help me focus my attention on the task at hand, helps my brain filter outer stimuli, and helps me process one thing at a time instead of everything at once; all which inadvertently helps my Social Anxiety. Basically... Stimulants help me be social and being social helps me be talkative.

I agree with @Sloane Ritalin can give me lazer-like attention & hyperfocus on 1 thing (that "thing" being whatever I deem is the highest priority in that moment.) Any additional stimuli is filtered out.

So basically, if I have say a deadline at work, I zone in on that assignment...if I have an exam for a class, I zone in on that exam...I suppose if I chose socializing as the most important "thing" to attend to, I would solely focus on that. Although, If someone interrupts me when I'm working on an important "thing" I can get a bit irritated and unsocial. Only because I find it difficult to mentally switch tasks or "multitask" on a stimulant. The rest of the noise gets tuned out.

I was less talkative because I was more focused on whatever I was doing. I talk more off of stimulants than on. The irritability thing could rear its head just because I could get annoyed by being distracted from something I was very focused on doing. Stimulants also flatten my body language a little. I don't get as excitable and I laugh at things less.