Can you "rechannel" what your focus is on Adderall?

Weird question - but years ago when I first took it, I'd get obsessed about cleaning the house.

Years later, I'm on it again, but this time around, I can't get past focus on WORKING. Like, can't get past it enough to do simple household tasks, exercise, grocery shop, etc. ALL I wanna do is work and that feels like ALL that is important.

I'd love to "reprogram" or "reshift" or somehow hack my focus on other things so I can get them done. I've tried messing with my dosage but for me it either works or it doesn't. On a lower dosage it just doesn't and I'm useless for the day.

I've tried all the alternative drugs I think, but nothing really works for me besides Adderall. Ritalin and all of its variants just make me sleepy and zombie-like, Straterra makes me happier but does not improve my focus, etc. — and I'm physically uncomfortable to the point of squirming in my seat, etc. without something to help focus.

Thoughts? I'd love to be able to "switch gears" and focus on other things when they need my attention.

• 3 months later...

Sounds like something where therapy might be more useful. Or external reminders. I remember when I first started taking Adderall I would focus on one thing to the exclusion of all else, at least for a while, though a lot of the time that just meant staring at something. Maybe, at the end of the work day, you need to stop and think about what you need to be doing, and remind yourself that non-work activities are just as legit. Or explain to yourself why you need to do this other thing. Or perhaps you could have some little ceremony emphasizing the transition from work to non-work. Recommend separation of work and non-work. If you work at home, you might want to see if you can work someplace else, or separate your work room and never go in there except business hours. All guesswork on my part, of course.