CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

Trying to find the right balance

Between exercise and not exercising; its easy to sit around and do nothing; but losing weight is a struggle for me.

Ive tried losing weight before and had success once; but i rebounded and now im trying to eat better (low carbs and low fat, higher protein), exercise more, and lose weight.

Ive been doing about 1.5 hours of exercise almost every day  (14 of the last 16 days), about 50 miles on the treadmill alone (i do other things too, especially 2 or 3 days a week at the gym), but im feeling burnt out again.

Earlier i was feeling drained, but I still got in 5 miles on my treadmill.

Im dedicated and will keep trying; but i really dont know what to do.

Maybe i should allow myself 2 lazy days (at least this week); and see how i feel, hopefully rechargwd enough to at least work out 5 of 7 days consistently

VegJe, you're all over the place today. Veganism isn't a cure-all, and the world isn't categorically evil. A balanced life is a good thing to search for, work and play, rest and exercise, sleep and waking. 

It has to be about balance and what works for you. Consistency will work better than going all out and burning yourself out. If you're needing a day or two a week off that's fine, just be careful with extra food choices on those days. You will go through patches where it is harder to lose, the body likes to hang on. Initially weight falls off quickly but it doesn't take long before it plateaus. Sometimes changing small things can work at this time.

1 1/2 hours a day is an awful lot. 45 minutes to an hour should well be enough.

Do you have someone to exercise with or any help with nutritional choices?

Something like a calorie tracker might help you with calories in/calories out (be careful not to go too low though, some of the one's that recommend a starting point of 1200 calories and then drop well below are actually cutting cals so hard you'll end up stalling). Also be aware of natural fluctuations. I always carry a good 4-5kg more in winter than I do in summer.

Working out with a friend is a good start. Have you tried any weight training exercise at all? Personally, when I do a lot of cardio based exercise, I get very hungry and tend to gain weight. I find resistance training curbs my appetite a lot more. Maybe try doing 20 minutes of cardio followed by some resistance training and see how you go. When you add weight training though, try not to pay too much attention to the scales and more about how your clothes are fitting.

Edited by Jessamine

We always lift weights at the gym, each day is for different muscles, then when i dont go with friends either i do some weight resistance exercises at another gym and some cardio or i will do at least an hour of Cardio on my Treadmill at home.