CrazyBoards.org

lexapro vs prozac + possibly wellbutrin?

anyone taking lexapro for ocd/anxiety?  I have been at 20mg for like a month and seem tired, etc.  Same as lots of other people on this.

I saw my pdoc today and this is a new one as my old dropped my insurance.  this new one offered me prozac since I haven't had much help with 20mg of lexapro and told me prozac is more activating generally then the others so would help with the tiredness.  But I tried prozac before at a very high dose 120mg and was like a zombie though.

So she stuck me with the lex and moved me up to 30mg.

Now I might add wellbutrin in one week, any one else on the lex + wellbutrin combo?

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I'm about to be.  As long as my pdoc agrees with my choice of SSRI.  I'm the opposite, I've been on Wellbutrin 300mg for a few months now, and while it completely failed to serve it's purpose (as did every med before it), I stayed on it BECAUSE of the side effects.  Are you taking it to counter the effects of Lexapro?  I've been trying to find a med for my chronic daily migraines for almost a year.  Since WB didn't do any harm, I kept it going because it gave me more energy (which is huge for me, because between my depression, migraines, and anxiety disorders including OCD, I don't have much of it), increased sex drive (which Effexor had just recently destroyed for 3 months), and decreased the need for food.  Your post is from a while ago, have you started WB yet?  Let me know how they work together, I'll be adding Lexapro in a week.

Wellbutrin + SSRI has been an excellent combination for me. I've been on 450 mgs Wellbutrin XL and 50 mgs Zoloft for about a year now. Good energy, good antidepressant effect. The SSRIs and Effexor weren't working for me anymore. The Wellbutrin worked just barely OK. The addition of Zoloft really helped, even at such a low dose.

I'm on lex and WB too and have both anxiety and OCD (plus BPD).  Seems to work for everything but the depression (along with the rest of my cocktail) which pdoc is working on now.

Tommy

Archived