CrazyBoards.org

lexapro + wellbutrin

Hi,

Anyone taking lex for ocd/anxiety and at what dose, any luck with it working?

Also, anyone add in wellbutrin to counter the tired, lazy, blah feeling of lexapro?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't really comment on the Lexapro for anxiety.

However, especially if you are already experiencing anxiety, taking Wellbutrin to counteract effects is probably a bad idea. It can sometimes make people a little pissy and exacerbate anxiety issues [as well as give you some initial insomnia]. Different for everyone, but Wellbutrin is activating.

~navy~

Just want to say that I take 15 Lexapro and 150 Wellbutrin and it is working fine with me.  I had pretty bad anxiety issues (but not OCD) and Lexapro just makes me chill the hell out and not worry about stuff so much.  I added WellB to counteract the side effects of Lex and it seems to be helping in the sense that it makes me feel a little bit more normal and alive than Lexapro alone.  On Lex alone I can feel blah and uninterested. (Should add that I also take these medications for depression not just anxiety.)

I've found that if I've been on an SSRI long enough to counter the anxiety and OCD that adding wellbutrin at a small dose can give a lift without adding too much anxiety.

If your anxiety isn't under to control with the SSRI dose you are on, the wellbutrin isn't a good idea.  Keep going up on the SSRI dose until the anxiety is gone before you even think about adding wellbutrin.

Archived