CrazyBoards.org

Earlier tonight I was on computer and I thought I heard music. Everypne was asleep and all but 2 of our kids were gone. I ignored ot and went back to playing.

The music persisted. I could hear the voice but couldnt make our the words. I could almost hear the instrument but I wasnt sure but might have been a guitar. Sounded like 80s rock.

I looked all over the house tryong to find something to explain it and came up empty.

So I went to bed. I woke up about an hour later and once again I heard a mans voice but couldnt hear the words. His tone was like that of a hellfire and brimstone preacher.

Now , as I type this, I am still hearkng music. Now I can just hear a womans voice singing buy I cant understand it!

This is freaking me out. What causes this? What are your experiences?

I think to some extent this is normal. Sometimes I hear what sounds like a radio or TV on and like a man or woman announcer talking, but the volume is so low that I can't make out what is being said. I've heard low-volume music too.

Nobody has ever suggested that it is anything other than normal and some people have told me the same thing happens to them. It would become abnormal if the voices were clear and speaking directly to me which doesn't happen.

• Like 1

Have you been experiencing any instability lately? Any symptoms? Any med changes?

• Like 1

One night after paranoia lead to mania, I heard a scraping/digging sound coming from the kitchen walls. I ended up chasing the sound around the walls with a glass up to my ear, trying to find the source. My neighbor decided at that time, when I dragged him in to see if he heard it to, that I was a whack job and stopped talking to me.

Another time I kept hearing jazz music as I was trying to fall asleep at night - but only in my right ear. When I'd roll over onto my other side and put my right ear to the pillow, the left ear heard nothing. So bizarre.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2017 at 4:13 PM, Gearhead said:

Have you been experiencing any instability lately? Any symptoms? Any med changes?

I was depressed and anxious for a while, now I guess I am cycling out of that.

I have had a med change. I stopped taking zoloft and started well but ring xl 150mg.

I haven't heard anyone (not there) speak to me directly in about a year. It also is not common. Last year I was in a light sleep and heard a strange man say my name. It terrified me, but I figured it was just part of a dream. My pcp believed that part to be due to narcolepsy.

15 hours ago, Alien Navel Cord said:

Another time I kept hearing jazz music as I was trying to fall asleep at night - but only in my right ear. When I'd roll over onto my other side and put my right ear to the pillow, the left ear heard nothing. So bizarre.

I hadn't paid enough attention to notice if it was one or both ears. My hearing is slightly damaged in one ear, but Idk. 

It's just freaky.