How to deal with anxiety, depression and unemployment

So I was wondering how you deal with unemployment. I rely on my husband and family for financial support including my medication and this is an absolute torture because everyone is going through such an incredibly difficult financial situation, it makes me feel super useless, desperate, I just want to run and run and not stop. I cry and feel so useless, it's that combination of depression and anxiety at the same time where one simply wonders when is everything going to be over and if it's even worth trying harder. I am very close to getting a job, I think tomorrow will be my last interview and I am very positive I will get it, but if I don't get it I will be devastated and at an even worse position because I have applied already to all possible businesses which can hire someone with my skills and education and they have rejected me. How to keep anxiety and depression under control in these situations? There is no medication that can actually solve these issues. BTW it is rainy season in the country where I live, and thunderstorms can get pretty nasty, anyone else with thunderstorm phobia, I will get under a blanket with earmuffs, heart raising and can not do anything at all throughout the duration of the storm. Every day is a struggle when I see the sky cloudy.

Thanks! Peace 

1 hour ago, mcjimjam said:

I'm on disability. I find it not working incredibly miserable. i feel like a failure.

Yes, I understand you. Being unemployed makes for me everything so much harder, plus it gives my mind so much free time to wonder in unwanted places such as, is someone going to break into my house tonight? Am I going to be abducted by aliens? How am I going to die? Is there going to be an earthquake? and the list goes on. I am sure that with my current medication I would perform very good if I had a job.

I have both too and also rely on my husband financially. It really stinks. Feeling useless in life in general aside I also hate feeling like I contribute nothing to the household which is made even worse when things keep getting more and more expensive. My anxiety is also wrapped up in a chronic health condition which makes me feel sick all the time and this affects my anxiety (which in turn affects my health). I feel like I'm in a hole I don't know how to dig my way out of.

On 8/10/2017 at 0:14 AM, DelRey said:

So I was wondering how you deal with unemployment. I rely on my husband and family for financial support including my medication and this is an absolute torture because everyone is going through such an incredibly difficult financial situation, it makes me feel super useless, desperate, I just want to run and run and not stop. I cry and feel so useless, it's that combination of depression and anxiety at the same time where one simply wonders when is everything going to be over and if it's even worth trying harder. I am very close to getting a job, I think tomorrow will be my last interview and I am very positive I will get it, but if I don't get it I will be devastated and at an even worse position because I have applied already to all possible businesses which can hire someone with my skills and education and they have rejected me. How to keep anxiety and depression under control in these situations? There is no medication that can actually solve these issues. BTW it is rainy season in the country where I live, and thunderstorms can get pretty nasty, anyone else with thunderstorm phobia, I will get under a blanket with earmuffs, heart raising and can not do anything at all throughout the duration of the storm. Every day is a struggle when I see the sky cloudy.

Thanks! Peace 

You thought about driving Lyft/Uber?

You can actually make decent money.

I drive for them at nights as a second job.  But it's flexible and you can go in and leave whenever you feel like it.

It's not for everyone, but I'd say it's helped me socially and anxiety/depression wise.  You just cruise around talking with people.