anxiety attack

In the past I always thought that anxiety attacks was just a state of mind that people was just over reacting and they really didn't have an issue. That was until my dad passed away. Every since he has passed I have been getting anxiety attacks. They would start with me feeling down for about 2 days and then out of nowhere my chest would feel weird like something inside of me was physically turning and I was really uncomfortable. Then that would be followed up with uncontrollable crying for about 15-30 mins. Then I would be ok like it never happened. It seems like lately that i am just feeling the down part more often but the crying that relieves me doesn't come so I'm just left with sadness for longer periods of time then before. I don't know what to do about this I have not seen anyone about it. Is there anyone who can help me with deciding how to fix this? I just don't want to feel this way anymore. 

Have you tried going to see a pdoc to maybe give you some medication, as well as a tdoc for some therapy? I am sorry to hear of your loss, and hope things get better for you.

I'm on valium and vistaril for anxiety and they both prevent ongoing anxiety as well as attacks. Maybe you could ask about klonopin, it lasts longer, and xanax is good because it acts fast but it doesn't last as long. There's always options! Good luck!