CrazyBoards.org

Today I saw a pdoc and have been taking lexapro at 20mg for a bit over a month, been on it for about 2.5 months total. 

Was told/heard prozac is better for this but i had tried it before and at 120mg, it just turned me into a zombie though.  So I am wondering as the pdoc gave me a choice of lex or prozac and I was thinking lex only because I haven't had sex affects from it yet.

Anyone have good luck with lexapro and ocd?

What does? 

how about adding in wellbutrin?

• 3 weeks later...

several of my close friends have OCD (in fact, virtually all of my close friends have some sort of brainfuck disorder) and they've tried a lot of things.

none of them have had success with lexapro. the only rave reviews they've given me have been from prozac and zoloft (the latter to a lesser extent).

and, they say stay away from geodon. unless you're about to die.

I haven't tried the others for OCD, but was on zoloft for it (and depression). Problem is, for zoloft you have to be on either a very low dose (25mg) or a very high dose to get anticipated effects. I was on 200mg, and while indeed it kicked ocd's ass, my hands were shaking way too badly. I've tapered down to 50mg, and am taking risperdal now. I'm feeling parts of it creeping back in, so maybe that's not the best combo. Will keep you updated if I find it. Ha.

Hmm i might need to talk to my dr about switching from seroquel to abilify.  Ive gained a lot of weight on seroquel and it sounds like abilify helps a lot of people lose it.  Otherwise they seem to be prescribed for the same things.

FWIW, I had pretty good luck with Geodon for OCD.  My big problem with it was its absurdly short halflife.  One missed dose sends you right into bad discontinuation symptoms.  I'm to scatterbrained to not miss a dose every now and then so it really didn't work out.

Seroquel has worked better anyway.  Geodon did have almost no side effects though.

Archived