How do i even begin getting a new psychologist

So for starters I haven't had a psychologist since I was diagnosed with psychosis at 14 (I'm 22). Since then they left me with a loon of a psychiatrist. Dude has nearly killed me before with his pill combos. He stopped prescribing me medication to assist my hallucinations and instead is treating just my depression. Which I don't. Need treated as badly. I need help for my irrational anger and minute to minute mood changes. He's put me on lexapro which is bad for my mania. It just makes me tired and horrible to be around. I need to see a psychologist again to get a more accurate diagnosis since most of my symptoms are newish (hallucinations started back around 19 but evolved to full auditory and visual, other issues with thoughts etc). 

So how do I go about scheduling an appointment? I've had all of my doctors since I was in a psychiatric hospital and was assigned them. I get really nervous talking to doctors, also how do I find if they're covered by my insurance? I know these seem like basic questions but I'm literally all on my own. My family has abandoned me and I'm just so lost as to how to do adult things. I just know how to apply to jobs. 

Find a doc or person who can give you a recommendation...a general doc can usually help. If they are taking patients there might be a wait but that's common. Ask the potential doc what (if any) insurance they take. Typically psychologists take more insurance than psychiatrists...typically there is a 20-50 dollar co-pay. You can call your insurance to confirm that the person is covered, which is probably advisable. Don't be worried...we've all done it you can too :) 

I think you need a good psychiatrist not a psychologist. You find them the same way, by getting referrals from other docs you know. Or you get a list from your insurer as to who takes them. Start with the first one. Many will not be taking new patients. Take any appointment even if it is months away. Who knows you might find one sooner or not. Psychiatrist's are perfectly capable of doing a diagnosis.