klonopin straight dosed or prn

I take 2mg Klonopin once daily, every day (not prn), and it provides all day coverage for me, probably because of it's fairly long half-life.

I don't have any personal experience with Xanax XR, so can't give any thoughts about how it would compare to Klonopin.

Edited by CrazyRedhead

Yes, if you take Klonopin every day after an initial ramp up period of a week or two you are then on Klonopin all the time and the dose does not vary much. I take all of my Klonopin before bedtime, generally 2 mg, and I don't have much sedation in the morning.

Yes Klonopin is not an ideal prn med, it takes some time for it to start working.Other benzos only make you wait 30 mins for it to start working. That is why I keep Ativan on hand, it starts working almost as fast as Xanax.

Edited by notloki
Did not answer second question.

Yes, Klonopin has a longer half-life than many other benzos. After a period of time, as notloki says like 1-2 weeks, there will be enough residual clonazepam in your system to keep what's in your system at more or less of a consistent level.

why do u take such offense to posts? your the same person who crucified me when i started posting here and a mod removed your post.

if you would actually read the whole post . you would see theresa a question attached to one thread. it's actually a different question. please don't be so quick to jump at someone. some people are scraping for help

5 hours ago, notloki said:

4 mg. See my other post. Please just ask a question once.

4 hours ago, looking for answers said:

why do u take such offense to posts? your the same person who crucified me when i started posting here and a mod removed your post.

if you would actually read the whole post . you would see theresa a question attached to one thread. it's actually a different question. please don't be so quick to jump at someone. some people are scraping for help

no witty reply?

First of all, not posting duplicate info. is mentioned in the TOS for this site. It is frowned upon. Make a duplicate post  in different forum and that will get you a public message asking you not to do that and the mods lock one of the threads.  I see no problem here. I said please. You need to not be so thin skinned. If it were me and I was doing something against the rules I would much prefer a well meaning poster told me "Hey read the TOS" than to have a mod have to take their time to deal with it.