I'm fine in the day but at night when I coming home, especially after I have been in the city or after I talked with people and heard how well they doing I have a lot more thoughts about ending it because something broke inside me a long time ago...... but that's stupid, to lose hope

So how do you calm down? Do you have any tools? 

Edited by grab your bag

It sounds to me like you are measuring your life by comparing it to others'. That's a dangerous game to play because I don't care who you are or what you have accomplished, you will always find others to whom you think you don't measure up. My advice is to live your life on your own terms and try not to compare yourself to others.

As far as suicidal urges go ... in my case I found a med that takes them away. Tegretol has been great for me, but I am not saying that it would be right for you. In any case, meds can help immensely.

• Like 2

I often get into trouble with comparing myself to others!  That is actually one of the worst parts of my condition. I guess the goal is to keep the focus on oneself.  And when I am in a place where I am thinking clearly I can see that what you see on the surface -in other people's lives -may not show the truth about what their lives are actually like.  We all have *something* going on. 

• Like 1

thanks jt and amskray,  that's true.. I mostly compare myself to past love interest and ex's. there is one particular girl that I used to be in love with and she is like a mirror to the life I wanted when i was a kid, and it feels horrifying to think that maybe I lost the chance to have something similar to that. I know it's dumb and I wasn't like this until the depression. It is one of the worst parts.... I started cbt so I will try to stop this habbit.

Edited by grab your bag

yeah, I will ask for something to calm down if this continues..... I cried for 2 hours when I wrote this topic, and thought about taking pills even though that wasn't how I planed to do it. just writing it down is crazy, and it made me realize how much I got worse in the last year and how really sick I am...... just beacause I'm 27 and I'm not doing well..