Little evidence that medical marijuana is effective

Apparently, the safety and effectiveness of medical marijuana for pain and PTSD are in doubt. Link

Could possibly lead to repeal of medical marijuana laws.

Edited by jt07
English

Well my experience is that it works for pain. I have a chronic pain condition and I take a lot less opioids with cannabis. In states where medical cannabis is legal there is a dramatic decrease in opioid deaths due to OD. Seizures are well supported by several good studies. As a treatment for GI problems cannabis (specifically THC/THCa) is very effective. Ask any pothead. Studies support this. Some suggest cannabis is more effective than the best antiemetics we have. It is very hard to take pills or liquids when you are throwing up constantly, but smoking something  bypasses the GI.  I don't think these is much question cannabis was effective in AIDS Wasting Syndrome. Hell, they made a pill for this that is all THC. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 8/14/2017 at 10:37 PM, jt07 said:

Apparently, the safety and effectiveness of medical marijuana for pain and PTSD are in doubt. Link

Could possibly lead to repeal of medical marijuana laws.

I was recently approved for medical marijuana and my Dr said there having difficulty with pain patients but great success with PTSD clients. He also said it's a tincture, not actually weed so the most effective chemicals are all you receive