CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
tyrantblade

Have you achieved what you wanted?

I know most worthwhile goals are not easy to achieve; often taking a lot of effort as well as time.

Have you achieved everything you wanted to? If not what % are you at?

Over time ive had a bunch of goals

1st was to graduate high school; i know its something expected out of almost everybody by their parents; but i was close to needing to repeat 12th grade because thats when my Mental Health problems started; and it was so bad i almost got put in the Hospital twice (not because of deep cutting, i was just out of control and in denial for a while).

Then i wanted to stop cutting when i realized i really needed help and sought it.

Then i wanted to get a job because i wanted things and needed money; that job didn't last and then it was a while before i got my current job.

Then once i felt secure with the 2nd job i wanted to get my smile fixed, 1st i needed braces; which im nearly done with; after that i will need 2 Dental Implants  (expensive).

Ive also had goals for years of getting to a healthy weight and eventually getting lasik.

And lately ive realized i cant keep going at my current job, i need something better than less than .75 above minimum wage with less opportunities for OverTime the more time goes on.

Ive achieved most of my goals, at least 75%, i just need to finish with my Dental treatments, drop enough weight, get Lasik; and get a better job.

I think im getting on track with my fitness, but idk what ill do to get a better job, and to afford the dental implants and eventually Lasik.

What really sucks is my younger brother couldnt be responsible and lost his job making more $ hourly than me with a higher wage cap (Walmart, not the best; but i would rather work there than the factory i work at now)

No.

I don't have a real job, I doubt I'll ever go to college, I decided to take myself out of the game of love, I have chosen to never become a father and my family clearly wants nothing to do with me anymore.

I failed at life and any goals I might have. 

Not everything I want to do in life. At my age that's pretty hard to do so soon. However I have recently passed my driver's test and that's opened up so many doors; owning a vehicle is basically the only reliable method of transportation in my area.

I'm a whole lot older so have a different perspective. Some goals I've met, some not. Some, many, I've changed over the years. Some I've changed because as I got closer I realized either I didn't want them anymore or they weren't realistic to think I'd ever meet. As I met goals, it was time to set new goals. Weight, education, relationship stuff, job, skills, there's always something to look towards. Sometimes it's the process, not expecting to fully meet an end point, like learning a language. I think new goals are important. So I don't think in terms of percentages, I think more of am I working on a goal or standing still. That's my personal take. 

• Like 1

I have not achieved anything close to what I wanted, expected, or worked towards. I am almost 50 now and having to make peace with what needs to be my current "normal." So many things in my life did not go as planned - some in my control (example: starting businesses) and some not in my control (widowhood).

I am never sure if my life made me bipolar or if I had this insane life because of the illness. That said, my family heritage is BP also. I didn't have a chance, hah!

Edited by theforest
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2017 at 10:23 PM, tyrantblade said:

I know most worthwhile goals are not easy to achieve; often taking a lot of effort as well as time.

Have you achieved everything you wanted to? If not what % are you at?

Over time ive had a bunch of goals

1st was to graduate high school; i know its something expected out of almost everybody by their parents; but i was close to needing to repeat 12th grade because thats when my Mental Health problems started; and it was so bad i almost got put in the Hospital twice (not because of deep cutting, i was just out of control and in denial for a while).

Then i wanted to stop cutting when i realized i really needed help and sought it.

Then i wanted to get a job because i wanted things and needed money; that job didn't last and then it was a while before i got my current job.

Then once i felt secure with the 2nd job i wanted to get my smile fixed, 1st i needed braces; which im nearly done with; after that i will need 2 Dental Implants  (expensive).

Ive also had goals for years of getting to a healthy weight and eventually getting lasik.

And lately ive realized i cant keep going at my current job, i need something better than less than .75 above minimum wage with less opportunities for OverTime the more time goes on.

Ive achieved most of my goals, at least 75%, i just need to finish with my Dental treatments, drop enough weight, get Lasik; and get a better job.

I think im getting on track with my fitness, but idk what ill do to get a better job, and to afford the dental implants and eventually Lasik.

What really sucks is my younger brother couldnt be responsible and lost his job making more $ hourly than me with a higher wage cap (Walmart, not the best; but i would rather work there than the factory i work at now)

No. Not yet. But it seems like despite your issues you've done well for yourself. 

No, I haven't. I dropped out of high school at 16. I tried to go back a few times but dropped out again and again. I've spent most of time since just rotting away at home. I am so sad and ashamed of how I've lived my life.

3 hours ago, DividedMind said:

No. Not yet. But it seems like despite your issues you've done well for yourself. 

And still sometimes it feels like nothing is any better than its ever been; like nothing counts/matters.

But i guess thats part of my Mental Illness; a lot of times Mania wins out; but sometimes depression wins out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tyrantblade said:

And still sometimes it feels like nothing is any better than its ever been; like nothing counts/matters.

But i guess thats part of my Mental Illness; a lot of times Mania wins out; but sometimes depression wins out.

As long as you can acknowledge that despite it feeling like nothing it is in fact something...