clonzapem alternative

4 mg is generally as high as most pdoc's would do. The PI for Klonopin for panic is 4 mg. There is no indication for general anxiety. For seizures it is 20 mg. If you like Klonopin and it works for you I would go to 2 mg. 

You could always give Valium a shot just to see if it would be of any benefit. I personally am not fan of the Xanax XR just because I don't feel like it gives me the anxiety relief I need. I prefer the regular release Xanax tablets. But with benzos, tolerance is normal, so it's not abnormal for the 1mg Klonopin to not be doing the trick anymore. I would talk to your doctor about this and tell him 1mg really isn't cutting it anymore and maybe he will raise it to 1mg twice a day or even 2mg once daily. If Klonopin works for you, I would stick with it, unless you haven't tried the other bezos like Valium or Ativan. Best of luck to you and I hope you feel better!

Comparing Valium to Klonopin (I have taken both) the main difference is Valium starts working faster than Klonopin. Like in 15-30 mins vs a hour with klonopin. I  found Valium to be way more sedating of the 2. Valium is metabplized  into temazepam (Restoril) and other metabolites. Temazepam is a hypnotic, used for sleep. 

Watch out when you make the conversion of doses. My pdoc said 2 mg Klonopin was equal. It was not for me ass it knocked me on my ass. Start with a few ms, like 2-5 mg, and slowly raise this if you need too.

Yes , every benzo has some muscle relaxant.  Valium the most, Ativan is a good muscle relaxer. I've seen several people say their dentist gave Klonopin to them for TMJ and other jaw problems to relax tight muscles.

14 hours ago, notloki said:

Comparing Valium to Klonopin (I have taken both) the main difference is Valium starts working faster than Klonopin. Like in 15-30 mins vs a hour with klonopin. I  found Valium to be way more sedating of the 2. Valium is metabplized  into temazepam (Restoril) and other metabolites. Temazepam is a hypnotic, used for sleep. 

Watch out when you make the conversion of doses. My pdoc said 2 mg Klonopin was equal. It was not for me ass it knocked me on my ass. Start with a few ms, like 2-5 mg, and slowly raise this if you need too.

^^^ This ^^^^