Sexual Side effects

The only ones I know of are Wellbutrin, Remeron, and nefazodone (Serzone). Other than that, it's trial and error to find out which of the others has minimal sexual side effects for you.

Oddly enough, my sex drive has gone up a bit since increasing Effexor.

I think anxiety and depression are much worse for sexual problems, however I do see that the ADs can numb you and cause all those weird things...

But I've never felt "100%" while on any of my anti-anxiety meds.

I've come to the conclusion that the meds are necessary and the priority.  Since Effexor does treat my anxiety/depression/panic and make me more social I find I'm able to be more intimate as well, whereas anxiety/depression make me not interested, destroy libido, and make me not care anyways....

I'm going with PDE-5s for the ED.

Edited by BrianOCD

I've had to go on Agomelatine (Valdoxan) and Lamictal (Lamotrigine) because of sexual side effects caused by meds such as Vortioxetine which gave me a completely numb clitoris which I fucking hated. I'm not willing to sacrifice good quality orgasms as there's so little in life to look forward to as it is. Plus I also think sexual problems are going to take their toll on relationships which is another thing I'm not willing to sacrifice.  

7 hours ago, Unburdened said:

Agomelatine (Valdoxan)

This the only one that has never completely killed my ability to orgasm but it got too expensive for me to keep taking (and I had to stop before I knew if it was really helping). Everything else, as soon as I take the first pill, it's like my brain puts up a road block to my bits and they're no longer a part of my body.

• 3 weeks later...

The worse for me were Lexapro and Prozac. A bit with Zoloft. So far, my libido isn't great on Trintellix but I think that's just a me problem and not a drug problem. And since switching from Prozac to Trintellix, OVERALL sexual function like ability to maintain an erection is much better.

• 2 months later...

Of all the antidepressant i ve ever taken, Remeron was the thing which never made unable to have orgasms, i mean, never...wait! Lamictal worked too and maybe citalopram also.

cymbalta was sort of cutting my balls off since i had absolutely no libido and when i had, my penis didnt follow my clear orders to  send me to heavens...lol..

im sorry for being too open as the way i write my comments on sex.

Edited by T.Daniels