I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type but don't have hallucinations and never had.

What I have are thoughts like: a family member is answering to another and they answer with a displeasing (I think) voice, for example, say "No" in that tone, and I think it is because of me that they are angry when they answer. Or when my mother sighs or something, I think in a weird way that she's sighing because I am a failure. I think when I am with my family members or when I hear them talk, I tend to feel like I am the cause of all the problems in their lives.

What do you make of it?

1 hour ago, Iceberg said:

Yeah...the med go round is no fun... No doubting that. Are you questioning your diagnosis because you don't hallucinate? Paranoia counts as a psychotic symptom too 

I'm not questioning my diagnosis. I don't like this paranoia. It's debilitating. 

1 hour ago, lefer said:

I'm not questioning my diagnosis. I don't like this paranoia. It's debilitating. 

Yes, paranoia is awful!

Tell me if this is not a good response, but have you tried cbt? It helps to control distorted thinking. Everyone has some, but we have more.

There are therapists who do cbt especially for schizophrenia and similar disorders.

I would mention your symptoms to your doc since they seem to be distressing.

I have some symptoms I can live with and some that are intolerable

23 minutes ago, mellifluous said:

i fear greatly that i'm a net negative/a detriment to the lives of those i love the most.

melli I am sorry you feel that way. I am sure it is not true. 

• Like 1