Hi,

Does anyone else have that the voices need to be accompanied by bodily movements? I usually need to blink or chatter my teeth or tap my fingers along with this internalized thought-voice. I can force it to stop if I want to especially if I'm concentrating on a task and acting normal. Meds haven't helped so I just kinda live with it.

It has been a while since I have distinctly heard them. However, several times a day, the internal dialogue of thoughts (re-living past events) gets so intensely overpowering that I find myself opening and closing my hands like catching a ball, or pulling a rabbit out of a magicians hat in slow motion. If my hand is busy, my feet will start tapping instead.

The movements are completely involuntary and follow the flow. The thoughts can be very intrusive. Almost like I am in a seizure or trance. But, I am focused and aware. It takes a lot to interrupt them. If family sees my hands or feet moving, they know I am mentally not there and not listening to them at all. 

On 8/22/2017 at 5:33 PM, mellifluous said:

when they insert thoughts in my head i feel it and twitch or rub my head from the pain of it.

I do this too. I sometimes will also say audibly "shut up!" or something like that.

• 2 months later...