CrazyBoards.org

so i'm going from 100 mg to 200 mg tonight.

25 knocked me out and i was hungover

50 was worse and more hangover

100 day one was bad then it's been smooth sailing i can sleep less and no hangover . does nothing for m my mood but ya...... just like 1hr after taking it i'm slurring my words and hve to go to sleep

is jumping to 200 too big a jump? am i gonna be zombified? anything to expect??

Of course I'm no pdoc, but if 100 was smoother after an initial transition, I would hope going up will be more comfortable. Hard to say, but good luck. 

You will experience sedation until your histamine receptors get saturated by the antihistamine properties of Seroquel. Seroquel seems to be more sedating at lower doses because it acts as a strong antihistamine. Eventually, though, this effect flattens out to a large degree. It is similar to Remeron (mirtazapine) in this respect.

I really can't comment further because I have never taken Seroquel, but I doubt that you will be a zombie at 200 mg.

100 to 200 mgs might make you muzzy for a day or so but it's a much easier and less sedating dose than 25 mgs. Strange but true. I've taken various doses ranging from 12.5 mgs for anxiety to 450 mgs a day.

I don't know how long it takes for Seroquel to work, but generally speaking, you start counting from the point where you reach a therapeutic dose. I don't think you can count 25 mg or 50 mg as therapeutic unless you are using it mainly for sleep or anxiety. Also, be careful not to go up on Seroquel (or any med) too quickly. Going up fast will not cause it  to work any faster once you are in the therapeutic range. The Seroquel PI (Prescribing Information) sheet should give you a titration schedule if your doctor is unfamiliar with it.

5 minutes ago, jt07 said:

I don't know how long it takes for Seroquel to work, but generally speaking, you start counting from the point where you reach a therapeutic dose. I don't think you can count 25 mg or 50 mg as therapeutic unless you are using it mainly for sleep or anxiety. Also, be careful not to go up on Seroquel (or any med) too quickly. Going up fast will not cause it  to work any faster once you are in the therapeutic range. The Seroquel PI (Prescribing Information) sheet should give you a titration schedule if your doctor is unfamiliar with it.

bipolar depression is 25-50-100-200-300 in 5 days

Well, what did your doctor say? Go up to 300 mg?

3 hours ago, looking for answers said:

he is my pcp he just gave me a script for 200mg

Then I wouldn't increase to 300 mg without your prescribing doctor telling you to. Hang at 200 mg for a while. It might well be enough to give you some relief.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:37 PM, jt07 said:

Then I wouldn't increase to 300 mg without your prescribing doctor telling you to. Hang at 200 mg for a while. It might well be enough to give you some relief.

i'm. not but how long till u feel effects of new dose! still weeks?

SO 200 mg gave me some slight anxiety relief but just barely and a split hair off depression.

THey are upping me to 300mg. and are switching me to XR. Well i have some IR left finishing them then going to XR.

what should i expect?

increased daytime sedation on xr?

200mg seems to make me less tired than 100

22 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

increased daytime sedation on xr?

YMMV, but I didn't really notice a huge increase in daytime sedation apart from being more tired in the morning. Coffee helped with it.

My experience with Xr left me unable to sleep, so, no sedation. I strongly prefer the IR, lets me sleep a bit at least. 

that's what i'm afraid of that i sleep good in seroquel ir.

On 9/1/2017 at 6:56 AM, Wooster said:

At lower doses, Slurroquel acts more on histamine receptors. At higher doses, it acts more on dopamine and serotonin.

Never could breathe through my nose while I took it at any dose, though.

so at 300 i should be not as sedated? what about on xr? where is my man @mikl_pls with the hardcore details

On 8/23/2017 at 8:37 AM, MiaB said:

Not for everyone (it isn't for me), but yes, it does seem to be the general experience that I've seen reported over the years here on CB. As Rabbit said, YMMV with this, and you need to give it time before passing judgement on whether or not it's for you. 

I was on the instant release version at doses up to 1000mg for about 9 years, and I've been on 600mg of the extended release since 2012.  The XR is the mainstay of my drug cocktail - I couldn't do without it.

what is your experience with it vs xr

18 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

so at 300 i should be not as sedated?

At 300 mg your histamine receptors should be saturated and you shouldn't feel any more sedated than when you were at, say, 100 mg. That together with the  fact that you should be adjusting to the sedation by this time should mean that you feel less sedated.