CrazyBoards.org

15 hours ago, looking for answers said:

SO 200 mg gave me some slight anxiety relief but just barely and a split hair off depression.

THey are upping me to 300mg. and are switching me to XR. Well i have some IR left finishing them then going to XR.

what should i expect?

increased daytime sedation on xr?

200mg seems to make me less tired than 100

I love the XR. It's like a whole new world was opened up for me.

I am no longer sedated during the day . No more napping my life away.

I can still sleep well at night too because I take it in the evening and it makes me drowsy then in a few hours just in time for bedtime.

Also, and this is huge for me, I've been able to lose weight. I gained so much from Seroquel IR. I've lost over 35 lbs now. I don't feel as bloated and my appetite is lowered. I'm still overweight I'm not saying I'm suddenly thin, but some of the weight is coming off at least. 

It's like the same med but without a lot of the bad side effects I was getting. So same but better. The 400 mg pills are generic now too (at least at my pharmacy). So that's another plus. Seroquel is the only med that prevents full blown psychotic mania for me. It also has kept me out of the hospital for 2 years now. If you knew my history you'd be utterly amazed. I have never gone this long without being committed. 

I take 800 mg of the XR now and before that the IR. So you have lot of room to go up in dose if you need to. Some even take 1,000 mg (at least I know someone who does personally when I was in a state hospital). Trust your Dr to prescribe the right dose to titrate you up properly and not too quickly. I know waiting is the most difficult thing when you feel like shit. But I say give it a fair shot and see if it helps and give it time to do its thing. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. 

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

I agree with Cheese that the XR is a lot easier to take, and for exactly the reasons she gave.

The XR lasts all day for me so that is another plus. Just once a day. I was taking the IR 300 mg AM, 200 mg afternoon, and 300 mg bedtime. And at one point I think 200 mg four times a day. I would forget doses. It was hard.

17 minutes ago, jt07 said:

At 300 mg your histamine receptors should be saturated and you shouldn't feel any more sedated than when you were at, say, 100 mg. That together with the  fact that you should be adjusting to the sedation by this time should mean that you feel less sedated.

awesome

17 minutes ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I love the XR. It's like a whole new world was opened up for me.

I am no longer sedated during the day . No more napping my life away.

I can still sleep well at night too because I take it in the evening and it makes me drowsy then in a few hours just in time for bedtime.

Also, and this is huge for me, I've been able to lose weight. I gained so much from Seroquel IR. I've lost over 35 lbs now. I don't feel as bloated and my appetite is lowered. I'm still overweight I'm not saying I'm suddenly thin, but some of the weight is coming off at least. 

It's like the same med but without a lot of the bad side effects I was getting. So same but better. The 400 mg pills are generic now too (at least at my pharmacy). So that's another plus. Seroquel is the only med that prevents full blown psychotic mania for me. It also has kept me out of the hospital for 2 years now. If you knew my history you'd be utterly amazed. I have never gone this long without being committed. 

I take 800 mg of the XR now and before that the IR. So you have lot of room to go up in dose if you need to. Some even take 1,000 mg (at least I know someone who does personally when I was in a state hospital). Trust your Dr to prescribe the right dose to titrate you up properly and not too quickly. I know waiting is the most difficult thing when you feel like shit. But I say give it a fair shot and see if it helps and give it time to do its thing. I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me. 

i've heard a lot of positives my main concerns were daytime sedation.

not being able to slee at night

weight gain.

right now i sleep through the night and am sleepy the next day but i sleep. i don't wanna be groggy the next day but i wanna be able

to sleep

i also am slightly losing weight on the ir

22 minutes ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

The XR lasts all day for me so that is another plus. Just once a day. I was taking the IR 300 mg AM, 200 mg afternoon, and 300 mg bedtime. And at one point I think 200 mg four times a day. I would forget doses. It was hard.

how did u stay awake

4 hours ago, looking for answers said:

how did u stay awake

I barely did at times. I would nap sometimes. But I tend to run really really extremely panicked/anxious all the time and can get full blown manic psychotic high a lot too.

So it brought me down to a more baseline. I needed something to knock me down many notches.

Not saying I'm perfectly sane now but I'm not getting committed to state institutions lately either. So yay? I'll take it!

And another option to talk to your Dr about, if necessary, is if you cannot sleep well enough on the XR alone some people take the XR and then they take some small dose of the IR at bedtime for sleep. So you can take some of each kind.

Or there are other options for sleep too if the XR isn't cutting it and your Dr doesn't want to prescribe some of the IR. Trazodone, a benzo, lunesta/Ambien/rozerem, remeron, vistaril, etc. 

glad ur doing well

ive tried ambien, and i take klonopin for sleep now with the seroquel, and was taking it alone before the seroquel for sleep. i've NEvEr slept like i can in seroquel, not on

ambiene , remeron, flurazapem, sleep meds, cocktails u name it

17 minutes ago, looking for answers said:

glad ur doing well

ive tried ambien, and i take klonopin for sleep now with the seroquel, and was taking it alone before the seroquel for sleep. i've NEvEr slept like i can in seroquel, not on

ambiene , remeron, flurazapem, sleep meds, cocktails u name it

I agree. Seroquel is my magic sleep med too. I don't sleep without it either. 

12 hours ago, Wonderful.Cheese said:

I agree. Seroquel is my magic sleep med too. I don't sleep without it either. 

well first night on 300mg, more alert in the am, think coincidence, tossed and turned last night, but it knocked me out faster than usual. the 200 IR usually kicks in 45-60 min and i can still function. this 300 IR was like 20 min i was slurring words

4 hours ago, looking for answers said:

i lied horrrible hangover i was fine first hour i was up felt great now fog city 

How long have you been on Seroquel altogether? If I remember right, you haven't been on it that long. Not long enough for your body to adjust to the sedation. 

You can't measure adjustment in a day or two. Give it time. Adjustment takes at least a couple of weeks for even the mildest meds.

9 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

Could u talk to doc about going back? 

I’m gonna wait and see it’s onul been 2 days and I need meds. That’s my issue I can’t stop at a road bump

Plus I’m in iop I get a dr at least 1x week