Requesting restoration of private messaging access

Hello board staff,

My access to the private messaging system was revoked due to an incident a while ago involving the sharing of a link to copyrighted materials with another member. I would like to discuss regaining access to the private messaging system, as I wish to contact a certain member to discuss some sensitive topics and ideas in private (none of which are related to piracy or the illicit distribution of copyrighted material). I am willing to agree to permanently avoid the use of the private messaging system on this forum for sharing copyrighted content despite my personal stance on the matter. This should completely resolve any lingering concerns that I could expose the forum to any legal liability, which is the reason that was cited for revoking my access to the private messaging system in the first place. Is this acceptable?

(For any curious members reading this, I am posting this as a topic because I currently have absolutely no access to the private messaging system (cannot send, receive, or read/access private messages, including old ones) and thus cannot even contact the forum staff directly regarding this issue, so I was forced to resort to this method of communication.)

Hi @justnuts

I've flagged your request for discussion amongst the moderating team. We'll get back to you when we have a decision.

Thanks,
Wooster

• Like 1

@JustNuts - The Moderating Team has reviewed your request and has agreed to reinstitute your PM privileges on the strength of your promise that you will not use the Crazyboards platform in any way to promote the distribution of copyrighted material. We appreciate your willingness to comply with this measure. Be advised, however, that should such action take place again, your account will be immediately and permanently banned.

Wooster should be activating your PM privileges shortly.

Cerberus

On 8/28/2017 at 11:29 PM, Cerberus said:

@JustNuts - The Moderating Team has reviewed your request and has agreed to reinstitute your PM privileges on the strength of your promise that you will not use the Crazyboards platform in any way to promote the distribution of copyrighted material. We appreciate your willingness to comply with this measure. Be advised, however, that should such action take place again, your account will be immediately and permanently banned.

Wooster should be activating your PM privileges shortly.

Cerberus

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in responding, I've had a bad week. Thank you for reinstating my private messaging system access, I understand the conditions and will comply with them.