CrazyBoards.org

validation helps

Guest ~Aurelie~

Guest ~Aurelie~

;)

I'm so pleased. Validation is sooooo important, and being believed in.

love,

Katie

(who's also on a path of integration)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you Katie. yes i have seen some of your posts and it is encouraging to me to see how far you have come in your therapy. way to go! i know it's still hard. but still. way to go!

aurelie

I'm glad to hear that opening up had such positive consequences.  That's the way it's supposed to be.  It's good to feel hope.  And just to let you know, you don't have to wait for integration to "actually be able to start living a life. have a consistent memory. even reach a goal or two."  You have the ability to start doing that now.

Paper Flames

(who are on a path of healing, not integration)

If I looked through old journals and posts on forums I'd also find numerous times when my therapist had validated my experiences in a similar way....with pasts like ours, with traumas, we need to speak our truths and hear ourselves accepted and validated over and over until all the parts of the personality can feel welcome and heard and understood, imo and experience.....

Guest ~Aurelie~

If I looked through old journals and posts on forums I'd also find numerous times when my therapist had validated my experiences in a similar way....with pasts like ours, with traumas, we need to speak our truths and hear ourselves accepted and validated over and over until all the parts of the personality can feel welcome and heard and understood, imo and experience.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey Katie, how's today for you?

thanks for writing this. it makes a lot of sense and made me feel better about things.

aurelie

how do you mean? how can i have a consistent memory?

thanks

aurelie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not only can you have a consistent memory, but everyone in the system can have a consistent memory depending on their ability to be co-conscious.  Few in our system had the ability to be co-conscious, but when most of us learned how, things got much easier for us as far as living life was concerned.  And the more of us that learned how to do it, the better everyone got at it.  Now it's just second nature.

Archived