Going to voluntary inpatient- what do I need to know?

2 hours ago, survivingbp said:

Watching paint would make it more interesting.

Hah!

Between Mr. B, who said to me, and I quote, "You're my girlfriend. No wait, you're my ninth wife. We had one child, but it ran away. We were divorced on the back of a cracker," and the guy who walked the hall back and forth all day and night and the guy who said he owned PNC Bank AND Donald Trump, I was pretty entertained most of the time. Waking up in the night sucked a lot, because there was nothing to do but write and wish I had another blanket. Being in my room was great, because my roommate slept all day. I could at least get away from everyone. Also, they had no comprehension of what vegetarians actually eat. I had so much grilled cheese. 

Thanks all. It was indeed like watching paint dry but I did All The Things and went to All The Groups. My peronal experience was that it was kind of like Orange is the New Black combined with Kindergarten. 

I do actually think it helped. Also now I have a new interest in coloring books. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, grab your bag said:

why that doesn't sound boring to me?

The highlight of my days was snack time. :-O

9 minutes ago, heilmania said:

Hah! Mostly because there's less sex than in Orange is the New Black. 

Truly the last thing on my mind..... The most exciting thing going on there, for me at least, was the graham crackers.

14 minutes ago, theforest said:

The highlight of my days was snack time. :-O

Truly the last thing on my mind..... The most exciting thing going on there, for me at least, was the graham crackers.

Yes, the graham crackers! My roommate hoarded them in her dresser drawer and would munch on them at night, lol!

I still remember with utter fondness my breakfast sandwich every morning during inpatient.  Basically a small cheese omelet  inside a bagel that was slathered with cream cheese and then I would order extra bacon and stuff that in there too.  It was not my own creation so I cannot take credit for it.  It was the heavyset man with bad teeth who was part of the group I was with most of the time.  Memories.  It's amazing that it's all about 7 years ago. 

12 hours ago, TakeAChillPill said:

I still remember with utter fondness my breakfast sandwich every morning during inpatient.  Basically a small cheese omelet  inside a bagel that was slathered with cream cheese and then I would order extra bacon and stuff that in there too.  It was not my own creation so I cannot take credit for it.  It was the heavyset man with bad teeth who was part of the group I was with most of the time.  Memories.  It's amazing that it's all about 7 years ago. 

I had such a hard time eating there, I lost 8 lbs. I'm vegetarian and have been since I was in the womb, so I'm really not able to fall back on eating meat. And they put meat on everything. And despite my telling pretty much the whole world I was vegetarian and needed to be put in a note to the kitchen, they never got it straightened out. The eggs were always watery, like they made them in the microwave. They didn't give us toast, just two pieces of bread with butter and jelly. That grossed me out for some reason. But they always had apples and oranges, so I got at least an apple, orange, and some aspect of the meal. I had a lot of cereal and steamed veggies, basically. But I loved getting my (decaf) coffee in the morning- it made me feel more human.

But honestly, I think that experience, those people, just the week I was there in June, will always stick in my mind. 

12 hours ago, saintalto said:

Graham crackers... so, so many graham crackers. I think that's a big part of the kindergarten element.

I practically lived off those lol

1 hour ago, survivingbp said:

My pdoc works in a couple of hospitals and had graham crackers on him one day. He asked me if I was hungry. I stole his crackers. 

Haha! Score!