Ugh, why did I mess with things....

So I've been on generic Prozac 40 mg for quite awhile now - add to that 100 mg of Trazodone at night for sleep, and I've been good to go.  Able to work full time, surviving nicely.

Then a few weeks ago, I got it into my head that I could order Brand Prozac from the UK (I'm in USA) and since I did so well on Brand Prozac many years ago, why not give it a try.

Pdoc said no problem - wrote me an rx for me to send out, said see you in 4 months unless any problems arise.

I am now a f-in mess.  My sleep is nil, my anxiety is high.  Pdoc had mentioned that 30 mg of Brand Prozac should be equivalent to 40 mg generic, so I'm doing 20 mg one day/40 mg the next day to come out to the 30. 

I know it's only been 2 weeks but I am seriously thinking of heading back to the generic where I was once nice and stable.  Or should I give it a longer wait? 

Any thoughts most appreciated.  The one thing that always has sent me off the edge is lack of sleep, so I know this is NOT good for me.

I'm trying to only take .25 mg of Xanax only when absolutely necessary, I really don't want to take it more than 3x a week.  But Xanax has always been my barometer for how I'm doing/functioning - if I see I'm needing it, I'm obviously not in a good place.

My only concern would be is this actually brand Prozac or a rip off? I don't trust ordering meds from other countries. There are a lot of internet pharmacies that say they are in Canada, but in fact, they are in India. 

I would go back to generic if it was working for you. You might try calling your p-doc and asking if he could write you a script for generic prozac that you could get filled and leave it at the front desk for you or something so you can just pick it up so you want have to stick with one that isn't working well for you for an entire month.