Lamictal - how long until you get stable when at therapeutic dose

I am on lamictal 200mg.  I am not depressed anymore but I do get anxiety/hyperness, and have to take klonopin a few hours after I take a dose.  How long after you reach your therapeutic dose does your body get used to it.  I have been on 200mg for 2 weeks.  It seems like it is getting stronger.  Almost too strong.  I am seeing pdoc on Monday, I wlll find out what he has to say.  I wanted to get your experience once you were on your therapeutic dose.

Are you on any other meds, like antidepressants? I've been on Lamictal for about a year, and this is basically how it's gone. Once I got to 200mg, it was kind of a gradual getting better and more functional for about a month, then somewhere in there I slipped into hypomania and we had to lower my Zoloft. Maybe a month later we bumped the Lamictal up to 250 mg to counteract some increased anxiety and irritability that seemed to have followed lowering Zoloft. After that, things were pretty great for around 6 months, when I had a serious life stressor, but I rode this out with some extra ativian and therapy. Recently we did up my Lamictal to 300 mg in response to more life stress triggering depression and serious anxiety. This seems to have lowered the intensity of emotions so that I'm able to actually think through solutions/options for the situation I'm in and handle day-to-day challenges without breaking down. The current plan is to drop back to 250 mg once external life settles down. 

• 3 weeks later...