How long does it take after blood reaches therapeutic levels of lithium should it work?

My daughter has a dysruptive mood dysregulation disorder and has taken Zoloft, Abilfy, Latuda, Geodon, Lamictal, clonidine, concerta, Klonopin and probably others before turning to Lithium. She has crazy mood swings and is very angry and sad most of the time. She has had trouble sleeping since she was 4. At night, before bed, she will get hyper and giddy. Trazodone has helped this... Anyway, she started taking Lithium 3 weeks ago and is almost therapeutic on it .08 & her doc wants her at 1.0-1.2. My question is, how long once she's therapeutic will it take to help calm her rage/sadness. She is in DBT and her latest psychologist just told us that in 30 years of practice, she's never NOT been able to help a patient, but my daughter- a 12 year old girl who has been through a great IOP and left basically the same as she was when she was admitted, is a puzzle. We have consulted with top people at Stanford & UCSF. Everyone is stumped and at ther age, she has been through so much. Any one have any guidance about lithium or help with anything else I've mentioned? She wakes up screaming "I hate my life!" She pushes friends away with neediness or inappropriate behavior... will Lithium help? When? 

Thanks for your reply!  She was taking Zoloft with Abilify but it wasn't effective and she gained 15 lbs in 2 months. She was also on Wellbutrin with Geodon and then Latuda- also not effective and had lots of tics with both - but more with Geodon. Last combo was Lamictal and Latuda, now she's almost off of Lamictal because it wasn't effective AND she still has eye tics and started stuttering a lot (never stuttered before). Apparently, a small percentage of pediatric patients have this side effect. Lithium is our last resort. Is there something that you know about that is effective in conjunction with Lithium? I know I'm grasping at straws, but she's my baby and I know how much she's hurting. Tonight she told me she loves me and doesn't mean it when she tells me she hates me... I kissed her and hugged her (happy she let me!) and told me that I always know that and love her even more than she could imagine...

So we did the Genomind swab (recommended by UCSF doc) and it was pretty accurate about the Zoloft being ineffective after a while and about the increased weight gain with Abilify but not Latuda or Geodon. I know it's not total accepted science, but the report said that because of the enzyme 5HT2C, my daughter is at "increased risk for adverse effects or poor response" with Risperdal. It seems like she gets all the bad side effects with all atypical meds which is why we moved to Lithium...

@Mamajess, I'm going to lock your thread because CrazyBoards is a first-person site for people living with mental illness. We encourage you to connect with parent support through organizations like NAMI.

We have found over the years that it gets complicated pretty quickly when people are posting about someone else rather than about themselves. In addition, we endorse a perspective of "nothing about me without me" in mental health recovery: being an active member of a team with one's care providers.

If you'd like to talk about how parenting is affecting your own mental illness, please feel free to do so in the parenting board.

Finally, many medications have not been fully tested on youth. This means what adults respond with about their own information may be inaccurate, or worse, dangerous for your child.

We wish you well on your quest to support your daughter.