pdoc put me on lexapro

I took Lexapro before I was diagnosed with bipolar. For me it sucked. It made me really agitated and angry, which in hindsight was probably dysphoric hypomania, but my pdoc at the time did not recognize this and told me helpful things like that I needed to work on ways to "ground myself" and "calm myself down". I wasn't on any sort of mood stabilizer at the time, so it might have been different if I were. For me, it was probably the worst anti-depressant that I tried before being put on a mood stabilizer. YMMV though. 

Lexapro 10 mg is a moderate dose. Lower than that isn't therapeutic for most people (though it seems to be for panic and some anxiety disorders). 
I'm not a doctor though. Schizoaffective disorders are usually difficult to treat (or recognized to begin with) since the symptoms are so mixed.

• 4 weeks later...

For me, it made me kinda tired and care-free all of the time. I have memories of sitting on my previous couch watching a lot of Law and Order SVU while I was supposed to be in my college classes, but I didn't care. I also like with a anti-social roommate and didn't go completely out of my mind, so the lexapro definitely helped in that aspect. My social anxiety was still prevalent but it dealt with my depression fairly well!