Hi people, I'm new here!

I've recently been diagnosed as psychotic because I was delusional and hallucination (they said likely schizoaffective due to a previous suicide attempt, gah, and I guess that a psychotic diagnosis like that will be sticking around for the next few years, at least), and it's just fucken overwhelming y'know. I'm still pretty young (20), still at university and all that, and I'm worried that I'll seriously mess something up in a psychotic episode in the future or something idk 

I wanted to ask if any of you have any advice for dealing with this kinda stuff, and managing a psychotic disorder. I want to get the best possible Crazy Person Experience (TM) hahahahaha

Being diagnosed is the first step towards getting better... I congratulate you on getting help! There are three pieces of advice I'd give:

1. Try to reduce the amount of stress in your life as much as possible. Stress is usually a big trigger of psychosis.
2. Always take your medication even if you are feeling better. You will be feeling better because of it!
3. Be as open and honest as possible with your treatment team. They can't help a whole lot if you withhold information.

Hi,Hot! I do not have psychosis ; I have life long depression.  Here's my two cents worth: I think it's good that you are reaching out for help and advice. I can also tell that you have a good sense of humor.  For me that has been really helpful in dealing with my depression and I think it will help you in dealing with your illness.

On 9/2/2017 at 10:25 AM, hotdamnma'am said:

. I want to get the best possible Crazy Person Experience (TM) hahahahaha

This made *me* laugh reslly hard!

Best of luck to you!