Set adrift...alone

Hi everyone. Well, loneliness and isolation are no new themes to BP. But, right now I can't live alone, can't even keep my apartment anywhere near clean. I am in the process of switching meds, and going through mixed states f'ing non-stop. I can't clean, do laundry, and keep proper hygine, and my sole last living support, my brother, fills me full of shame for this. He gets so high and mighty, when I really need support. I am on basic disability, live in poverty, but am working on getting into a rent-geared-to-income, supported housing program. Nobody realizes this is what I need, and make me feel weird for it. It is so isolating, debilatating, and people can be so cruel.

So, any ideas how to deal with this, with plain-out mean spirited people, and finding light in a constant nightmare of darkness, would all be welcomed. Thanks kindly....

Jay

I can't say I've been in your living situation exactly but I wish you the best in dealing with unsupportive family. That at least I can say probably everyone here has dealt with in some way or another. Try not to take people's bad behavior too personally*, its usually a reflection of their own issues, not yours. I know that's harder said than done. Good luck. 

edit* meant personally not seriously 

Edited by saintalto

1 hour ago, saintalto said:

I can't say I've been in your living situation exactly but I wish you the best in dealing with unsupportive family. That at least I can say probably everyone here has dealt with in some way or another. Try not to take people's bad behavior too seriously, its usually a reflection of their own issues, not yours. I know that's harder said than done. Good luck. 

Hey thanks so much. To add to it, I am coming off the bad end of a lithium toxicity episode, and major hand blister/peel reaction to Lamictal. Just plain horrific episodes. And my brother is anti-med, yet drinks himself into a stupor every weekend. Yep, he certainly has big time issues himself. Thanks so much for your post.

Jay

44 minutes ago, CeremonyNewOrder said:

Are you seeing a therapist? They may be able to give you coping strategies for dealing with your brother.

Hi, well I have been working like hell to get my pdoc to fill out my form to refer me to get all sorts of therapy...cbt to art therapy and stress reduction. But for some reason he isn't getting to it. I go see him on Tuesday so I will def push the issue. Thanks. 

Jay