CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsNotLiving

p doc wants to take me off ativan

At least she's doing it slowly. I am on 1mg 4 times a day. She wants me to go down to 3 times a day for a month. This just sucks. I haven't even been on benzo's long, this is the first time I see her, and that's the very first thing she wants to do is fuck up what's been saving my life? I know I need to adjust my attitude. But I have PTSD. Panic disorder. GAD. Etc. How can she do this to me?

I take ativan 1mg per night.

I think it's smart to relax your dosages once you're feeling better.

We tend to get a tolerance to them quickly, and i've heard that the longer you remain on them the more you may need to increase the dosage for similar effects.  (not everyone)

I'd go as slow as you possibly can, Ativan withdrawal for me was always pretty bad until I started babystep withdrawing.  Like .25 - .5 reductions every week

Curious how you feel on the 4 times a day ?  It's always possible you might feel better, more clear, more energetic with a dose reduction too.

Edited by BrianOCD

Yeah, I think I feel fine but I don't have a lot of energy. I always attributed it to a depression but today I am going to try the 3 times a day instead of the 4 and see how that goes. I'd rather not end up with worse anxiety from being on too much benzo for too long but in my fairytale world, she would have said this is your miracle pill and you're fine.