CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
straightjacket

Can you still be delusional while taking antipsychotics?

I still think my doctor has secret folders on me which they won't let me look at. I have requested all my notes but I feel like they are withholding them and sending me fake ones. I need to rationalise this because I don't think I'm paranoid, I'm on meds, but people are telling me I am. Can you still be delusional while taking antipsychotics?

Yes, absolutely. Although the desire is to be symptom-free,  antipsychotics in many people will reduce symptoms but not fully rid of them.

I too am told I am having delusions (things that are "never going to happen", even though they most certainly are happening to me) and I'm on three antipsychotics. I don't understand how this is possible. I've been told I have treatment resistant psychosis.

When I get dismissed I get so upset and so frustrated that I just start agreeing with the "logic" that the Dr is trying to get me to buy. Even though I do not believe the "logic" one bit. I just don't want to get into it big time, you know? I don't want to fight and argue. 

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

I'm on 2 antipsychotics and struggle with what they say is delusional..I'm thinking I'm just stuck with it honestly..

I've had quite severe psychotic episodes while taking medication (including two AAPs), so yes. 

I could understand feeling that way. Why did you request the notes in the first place?

On 9/9/2017 at 4:07 PM, straightjacket said:

I still think my doctor has secret folders on me which they won't let me look at. I have requested all my notes but I feel like they are withholding them and sending me fake ones. I need to rationalise this because I don't think I'm paranoid, I'm on meds, but people are telling me I am. Can you still be delusional while taking antipsychotics?

I requested them because they are sending secret information between themselves. About 5 years ago my mental health team didn't tell me for over a year I had a disnogisis of bipolar and I only found out by chance. Things have been implanted since I wrote that. They have increased my depot. I don't want to go into details because they are spying on me and using everything I write here against me.