Panicking: Hit car in parking lot and left - consequences

I'm really freaking out right now. I had driven out of town (about 2 hours away) for a job interview. I got to where my interview would be with some extra time to spare, so I went to go grab something to eat. As I was pulling into the parking lot, I bumped another car. There was a small dent on the other car, but my car was undamaged. I knew I should have left a note, but I was freaked out, so I just left. I know what I did was wrong, but I've had so many other things on my mind that I kind of put it away as something bad I did that I can't do anything about now. Well, this morning I got an email notice from my car insurance company about the details of my claim. Which means that someone was able to identify my car and get the insurance info. Paying any damages isn't the issue, although it sucks. I'm really worried about what other repercussions there could be. I called my insurance agent and left a message. I was trying to find information about what could happen next, and what I've found really freaks me out. Leaving the scene is considered a misdemeanor offense and could result in a fine, points on my license, criminal record and (officially, but unlikely) jail time. I haven't heard anything other than from my insurance. As shitty as what I did was since they clearly are going to be able to get payment from my insurance company, what is the likelihood that it will go beyond that? I just can't deal with more crap right now. 

Edited by thunder

I don't know how things work in other countries but the result will likely depend on a number of factors. The first being if you've had fines/done things wrong, on the road in the past and what's on your record. If nothing, and they're peeved enough to complain to the police, you might get a fine, some points off your licence. Unless you have numerous times where you've done this, been caught drink driving or speeding numerous times and had lots of points removed from your licence before it's unlikely you'd end up having to go to court let alone prison.

If you want a definitive answer, I think that you need to consult an attorney because anything that we say is just speculation and not expert advice. However, given that no one was injured and that you don't have a record, I think that you would not be facing jail time. But, as I said, I'm no expert on the law and I could just be talking out of my rear end.

Of course, if the other person didn't involve the police then maybe you are worrying over nothing.