CrazyBoards.org

Waking up wayyyy too early

I haven't been "right" since early January.  I was ill for most of January, in the hospital the week of the 23rd, and on steroids for all of the end of January.  My moodtracker looks like a freaking roller coaster ride. Things are sort of leveling out now, but still aren't quite at baseline.  At least I'm hovering around it...in the mildly depressed to baseline state.  I can live with that.  It's the anxiety that's killing me.

My biggest aggravation right now is my sleep.  And that is driving my depression, and my anxiety.  I am sticking to my usual bedtime of 11 on the dot, and for some reason, I can't seem to get past 4:30 am or so.  I wake up in the throes of vivid dreams.  Then I'm restlesslessly trying to get back to sleep until the alarm goes off at 6:30, at which point, I fall asleep half the time, and wake up at 7:15 freaking out because I'm late getting up to get ready for work.

I'm dragging ass at work until 9 am at least.

I haven't changed my seroquel dose--I've on 400mg at night and 200mg in the am for three years now.  I talked to my pdoc about this, and she suggested putting me on trazodone prn at night....even wrote me a 'scrip.  I haven't filled it.  The idea of adding something else to my mix freaks me out, particularly the thought of an anti-depressant.  I've had baddddd luck with ADs (mania).

So.  There you have it.  Any thoughts?

I'm sorry I can't give you much advice, just a great big hug cause I'm going through pretty much the same thing you are.  It's like you're chasing your tail all the time.  You need sleep and you get anxious you're not gonna get enough to make it through the next day, like you said, you get some sleep, but wake too early then you get anxious the cycle is gonna repeat itself over and over then you are just a whole ball of anxiety and depression.  Like I said, I'm only here to say I sympathize with you!!!!!  Hopefully some bright intelligent person will be able to get you the advice you need!  Kris.

does the seroquel make you sleepy at night?  like, do you get the seroquel knockdown?  from what i understand and have experienced, lower doses make you more tired.  perhaps switching the 200 to bedtime and the 400 in the morning? i'm weird and all the APs knock me out so i'd suggest another of those but they probably won't do that for you.

the traz has worked for lots of people just as a sleep aid.  i'd at least try it.  you can always go off it if you don't like it.

Archived