CrazyBoards.org

SSRI's - add/adhd?

I have been reading up on many meds lately because all the ssri's seem to make me tired, not motivated, just plain lazy and i could use help with concentration and such.

So I read that prozac and zoloft are useful or prescribed off label for add/adhd, but I would consider that means they help with concentration?  motivation?

I could be completely wrong, but I am trying to figure out what to talk to a new dr. I am going to about.

I think I need something and it seems like with an ssri I need along with like provigil or wellbutrin?

they don't do anything for ADD to speak of

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh, yup, have to agree. Having been on many an SSRI, some of which helped my depression for years, Prozac included, but ADD is a different animal.

Current SSNRI, Cymbalta, is rumored to have some ability to help one focus with ADD problems, but I am on 60 mgs. a day for depression, and I must say it works wonders for that, but it does diddly squat for ADD.

Unfortunately, I am self banned from stims because of past drug abuse history, i can't take them responsibly. So my ADD mgt. comes down to paper and effort. On the plus side, I'm disabled, so I don't have a job I can can get fired from for ADD-related fuck ups.

Lots of people have huge success managing ADD with Straterra and stimulants. Check out the ADD board, if you haven't already.

Good luck,

S9

Archived