Akathisia nightmare

Need some guidance.  A few months ago my addict son was given an injection of Invega when he was in a meth-induced psychosis.  It did bring him back to normal, but now he's C&S six months and experiencing horrible akathisia to the point where we've just hospitalized him for suicidal ideation.  He's on gaba and propranolol, but it doesn't seem to be making a dent in his symptoms.   Any advice?

There are meds that treat akathisia and some of them are very effective. I'm sure your son's doctors will find one that works.

Sadmom, unfortunately I have to close this thread because we are a first person site. Your son is welcome to come here and ask his own questions and you are more than welcome to discuss how this all affects you and your mental health. But we don't allow people to come here and ask questions about a third party. It's hard enough to address the problems of a person much less than going through a third person. Our adage is "We don't talk about you without you." I hope you will understand.

• jt07 locked this topic