Getting a new pdoc?

Okay, long story short. I'm a student and all of my mental health access has come through my college. They have a specific pdoc they had sent me to because that network had a deal with the school (it also worked with my insurance so yay). But the thing is, it's over an hour away from home and I don't drive. I don't have a car or my license and I've got a debilitating fear of driving. So naturally, I need something closer.

This might be a dumb question (and I'm not even sure if I put it in the right place), but how do you go about getting a new pdoc? I'm 21 and have the faintest idea of how to adult but this is a little deep for me. Any help is appreciated.

I get new docs by asking my present docs for suggestions. My pdoc has the best track record in giving good referrals. I got hooked up with my neurologist and internist this way. In your case you need a list of docs you can see on their plan and your insurance. 

Like notloki said, if you don't have someone you can ask for a referral, you can go to your insurance companies website. Most of them will have a link there to something with a name similar to "doctor lookup" or "find a provider." You can enter your location and the type of provider (psychiatrist) and get a list of doctors who take your insurance, and usually, you can sort this by distance. Then you go down the list and call their office and ask if they are taking new patients and confirm that they do, in fact, take your insurance. Don't be surprised if some don't answer, don't have availability, or don't actually take your insurance, since these databases are not always the most up to date but hopefully you'll get someone. Wait times for new patients are often 2-3 months, so when you find one who has availability, take it, and if it seems too far out, keep calling and see if someone has something sooner.