How much Adderall is too much?

Hi guys, so I am currently still in the process of finding my correct dosage of Adderall, but I had a question for those who have had more experience with the drug. How do you feel when your dosage is too high? Since we're still adjusting I want to know what to look for in myself to tell if I need to scale it back or if it feels right. I've heard some people say they feel like robots if the meds are too high, but I'm not sure if there is anything else really obvious that I should look for. I'm guessing too much of a euphoric feeling? Like maybe how people feel when they get high on Adderall? Maybe high heart rate?

Anyways just trying to be safe with this drug. I really don't want to abuse it or take too much if I don't need it. I know everyone is different, but just thought I'd ask for some opinions.

Also, I've heard some people say you build up a tolerance and some people say you don't... any thoughts on this?

Thank you in advance!!!

30 mg... My pdoc wants to see how I do for a couple of weeks though and then possibly up it. I'm just trying to observe how I'm feeling and trying to get an understanding of what people have felt like if they've been overprescribed and had to go back down. Also if dependency of tolerance build up is an issue.

You will build tolerance but over time. Some doc's will have you take a "med holiday" to get rid of the tolerance depending on what you need it for. The suggested max (medscape) is 40 for ADHD and 60 for narcolepsy. I take 20 TID for depression and energy. I think you will feel it when over medicated. Sweating, anxiety, insomnia and other fun stuff...just trust your doc and take it slow. Oh is it ir or XR? 

• Like 1

Thank you for the advice. We're starting with IR to see how I do with it and then will potentially switch to XR if that's not quite working out. I know a lot of people take an XR and then 1 IR in the evening. We'll see how mine plays out. They don't last too long (maybe about 3 or 4 hours depending on the day) for me so I'm thinking XR at the right dosage will probably be better, but it's a process. Thank you for responding!