CrazyBoards.org

Help me guys I don't have many symptoms of depression anymore (especially no low mood most days) and no more suicidal thoughts (except for the occasional OCD intrusive though telling me to kill myself) BUT I CANT FUCKING EAT. What the hell I thought I was getting better. I started on Prozac last month, and its still gonna go up but what the hell is this? Is this a sign of residual depression? Can I still have symptoms while not having the full on disorder be present? How do I force myself to eat? I don't want to lose too much weight like I did at the start of my depression

45 minutes ago, Iceberg said:

What does your doc think? 

Ill have to ask her, but for now I just need advice on how to force myself to eat and maybe someone can give me a hint of what this may be part of? Maybe no one will because that's against the rule, but can someone tell me if they can experience one or two symptoms of depression without having most of them?

Yes, lack appetite can be a symptom of residiual depression. Of course, I don't know and can't say the exact cause in your case. I'd present these questions to my pdoc if I were you. She may be able to give you an adjunct med like Remeron which has an increase in appetite as a side effect. I would also want to get checked out physically to ensure  there isn't more going on than just depression.

Unfortunately, I know of no way to force you to eat if you don't have an appetite.

Can you drink ? Pedalite contains a full days hydration and electrolytes and a few other essentials. Just drink a container a day and you are covered on essential nutrients, like the ones that keep your heart beating.  There are several meal replacements on the market, I like Boost. I went through a period where I could not keep solid food down. Cannabis is an excellent appetite stimulant, just saying.

• Like 1

when I couldn't eat I made myself shakes with a lot of calories, because chewing was the difficult part . . 

sometimes I would drink ensure

Edited by grab your bag

Pedalite, Ensure, and shakes are great ideas. You drink your meal and it provides enough nutrients and calories to sustain you.

You need to jump on this. Totally not eating can be deadly. Mess up your electrolytes (include calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphate and chloride) and essential functions, like heartbeat and muscles working, stop working and you could die. The only way to get electrolytes is to eat or drink them.

Thanks everybody for the replies!

So ive regained some appetite after working out a lot and ive been drinking protein shakes like crazy, and they've been keeping me full for now. Hopefully I can talk to my pdoc about this whole situation, although I don't know how much I can trust her. Im not able to trust most people nowadays...