Could be triggering.. Warning. Ptsd and doc visit

I am a survivor..of alot of things. 

Medical stuff is a major trigger for me. Abuse happened there in the past. 

I've got to go to the gyn. I have issues that have to be dealt with. I have to get a hysterectomy among other things. I can't put it off any longer. 

The appointment is tomorrow. 

I've rehearsed all my lines, all my body postures, how I will act and behave so when I go on "auto pilot" and shut down internally I can start through this mess inside me

Usually rehearsing my response to a triggering situation keeps me centered till I have to engage the trigger. 

It ain't working this time.

I took sleeping medication to get through the night... And try to face this again in the morning and instead of snoozing I'm wide awake itching, panicking and breaking down in tears. 

I swear... I can't cope being deeply triggered.. It takes months for me to recover. I've got a disabled kid, raising a grandkid and a crap ton of stuff I have to do where I interact with the public daily. 

I cant go out in public and think I'm ok, only to blurt out something in the middle of a quite space full of people.. 

Like I WANT TO GO HOME!!! 

Or just break down sobbing in the middle of talking to the office person for no reason.. Good grief. I can't do that again. 

Ugggggghhh

This gyn appointment is already throwing me off balance. 

How do you get thru your medical appointments without disassociating, getting triggered, melting down or doing something reactive?? 

I'm totally sane any other day of the week. I just can't do doctors offices or gyn's. 

Thanks in advance for your insight. I've never shared this with anyone before. I appreciate you listening even if you are as clueless as me on how to navigate this untriggered...or at least semi sanely... 

4 hours ago, Patches77 said:

I am a survivor..of alot of things. 

Medical stuff is a major trigger for me. Abuse happened there in the past. 

I've got to go to the gyn. I have issues that have to be dealt with. I have to get a hysterectomy among other things. I can't put it off any longer. 

The appointment is tomorrow.

This gyn appointment is already throwing me off balance. 

How do you get thru your medical appointments without disassociating, getting triggered, melting down or doing something reactive?? 

I'm totally sane any other day of the week. I just can't do doctors offices or gyn's. 

Thanks in advance for your insight. I've never shared this with anyone before. I appreciate you listening even if you are as clueless as me on how to navigate this untriggered...or at least semi sanely... 

I have the same issue (particularly with Gyns - triggers PTSD stuff.) Only thing I can recommend is getting a referral to someone who is "very sensitive" and has dealt with these sorts of situations/patients in the past. Is there a way you can mention beforehand that you've had past trauma (or do you feel that the doc would be invalidating/insensitive? Unfortunately, I've had this happen as well)

Do you have any PRN medication (such as Xanax) to take before the appointment to relax you? My pdoc recommended this, however I am still panicked to have to go get any procedures done. I am also worried that the med won't work well and I'll freak out again, things will be a real mess, I will feel utterly ashamed/traumatized.

I don't have a prn med. I've not been to a doctor in over ten years. Last visit was for birth of son. 

I understand blah  about worrying about freaking out. I've mule kicked a doctor before. 

I am gonna write a not and turn it in with my sign in paperwork at the front desk. Hopefully that will help some. If I'm triggered or they r not sensitive then I'm simply walking out. 

If they don't stop when I say stop I will mule kick another doctor in the head. Plain and simple. 

Anger motivates me to go beyond my ptsd triggers but then I come off as combative and get dropped as a patient. 

Life is too messed up. 

Lmbo as if I'm not stressed out enf, we had a 3.8 earthquake this morning. We live in a inactive fault line area... Earthquakes are not normal here in the Midwest.

And this is how I got work up this morning. 

I think I'm done for the day lmbo! Cancelling all life events today until further notice... Until my marbels are. Relocated!!!

... My marbels shook loose when the ground shook. 

Done. 

Just... Done lol!!!!!