I'm really confused about how much and when I need to eat with Latuda. The nurses here in psych clinic don't seem to think it's a big deal but from what I read one does need 350 cals. Is it okay if one has eaten that amount within the last few hours or does it have to be right when you take the pill? Should I ask for it to be dispensed at mealtimes? Maybe get an ensure to wash it down with?

I've never personally taken Latuda, but my understanding is, you have to have at least 350 calories right when you take the pill, or else the absorption of the medicine will be decreased by 30-50%.

I talked to someone here who drank Ensure when she took her Latuda, so that's a good idea.

13 hours ago, CrazyRedhead said:

I've never personally taken Latuda, but my understanding is, you have to have at least 350 calories right when you take the pill, or else the absorption of the medicine will be decreased by 30-50%.

I talked to someone here who drank Ensure when she took her Latuda, so that's a good idea.

From what I understand Ensure has just the amount or slightly more calories than you need to take Latuda, and you do in fact need to take Latuda with food much like Geodon. Although Geodon requires 500 calories. And @CrazyRedhead is right, it can decrease absorption by even up to 60%