Vyvanse Experiences

mcjimjam

How have you guys found Vyvanse? In the past i used Concerta which was good  but i want to try the shiny new thing lol. I am using it for ADHD, but wouldnt mind some help with my BP depression and appetite suppression too. Does it last longer than concerta.? Is it more effective for you? How are the side effects? Does it kick in sooner?

For appetite suppression you want is Adderall. The l-amphetamine in Adderall, for  me, confers quite healthy appetite suppression and I am not becoming tolerant to it. d-amphetamine suppresses my appetite for a while then this fades and I can eat. d-amphetamine effects dopamine while l-amphetamine adds more side effects, some beneficial. L-amphetamine has some action with noradrenaline, which accounts for the side effects.

I am losing weight at a safe rate, a pound a week. I need to lose weight as I am diabetic. My top weight was ~210 and today I am at 181 lbs. I use the a meal replacement shake if I just can't manage to eat.

It's only recently that I've begun exploring ADHD with my doctor. We started on plain immediate release Adderall because it was easier to dose-test and determine how much I could handle so we could balance the stimulant use with my rapid cycling BPII.

Vyvanse worked fairly well to help with my focus/concentration and even with my motivation. However, it gave me a ton of raw energy. It would antagonize my anxiety and I would just be generally jittery sometimes. It was also liable to make my thoughts race.

I do have to say that Vyvanse and Adderall both have an absolute unyielding grip on my appetite. I would have to force myself to eat and if it was any earlier than like 6PM, eating would make me really nauseous. So needless to say I lost a lot of my antipsychotic weight.

I ended up switching to Focalin because I had to know if I would tolerate methylphenidate stimulants any better, and I do. I can actually eat on Focalin. Too early to say how my weight is in comparison to Vyvanse. I have none of the raw energy like Vyvanse and way more focus. If I didn't know it was a stimulant, I would almost say it was calming. And ironically enough, it's causing me to focus enough that I'm having less intrusive thoughts. Like the worries of life are kinda distracting me less because I'm focusing more on whatever I'm working on. For me personally, I definitely prefer methylphenidates over the amphetamines.

I do have to say though that the actual oomph of Vyvanse lasted far longer. It's 9PM at night and I can tell that the Focalin is still working a little but, but Vyvanse would keep me almost too alert later into the evening. That being said it never interfered with my sleep because I was always taking an antipsychotic at night.

13 hours ago, notloki said:

For appetite suppression you want is Adderall. The l-amphetamine in Adderall, for  me, confers quite healthy appetite suppression and I am not becoming tolerant to it. d-amphetamine suppresses my appetite for a while then this fades and I can eat. d-amphetamine effects dopamine while l-amphetamine adds more side effects, some beneficial. L-amphetamine has some action with noradrenaline, which accounts for the side effects.

I am losing weight at a safe rate, a pound a week. I need to lose weight as I am diabetic. My top weight was ~210 and today I am at 181 lbs. I use the a meal replacement shake if I just can't manage to eat.

Unfortunetely Adderall isnt available here. We only have dexamphetamine IR tablets and Vyvanse as far as amphetamine based ADHD meds are concerned.