Hi all, I'm feeling super confused and could use some advice.

So my understanding of adderall is if you take 2 20 mg IR per day that would equal 1 40 mg XR.

My doc and I did some adjusting and found that 40 mg IR was the best dose for me. Worked the best with minimal side effects and lasted around 4 hours which, from what I understand, is what it's supposed to do. He is now switching me to 40 mg XR so it lasts longer. I questioned this because I thought, based on research I've done online, that this would be I would be getting 2 20 mg IR doses in a day, so basically that would be lowering my dose. My doc who I do really like and feel is really knowledgeable said that this is incorrect and I would be getting 2 40 mg doses in a day. I'm super confused because everyone seems to think otherwise. I thought I finally found a dose that worked for me. I'm obviously going to try doing this and see how it goes. So far, I honestly don't think it's working as well. Now, I also know that some people just respond better to certain forms so is it just that? 

Am I correct in thinking this dosage is incorrect? Is adderall XR just different than IR? Anyone else have this experience?

We're still adjusting and trying new things so it's not like I don't think he would adjust it if necessary, but I don't know if I should be concerned that he thinks that is how it works if that isn't how it works...

Thanks in advance!

Grabbed this from the PI

Based on bioequivalence data, patients taking divided doses of immediate-release ADDERALL, (for example, twice daily), may be switched to ADDERALL XR at the same total daily dose taken once daily. Titrate at weekly intervals to appropriate efficacy and tolerability as indicated

Edited by notloki
spelling