CrazyBoards.org

Wellbutrin XL - interrupted.

Is it normal for a doctor to withhold meds for more than 2 weeks for you to come to see him first?  The deal is: it was my fault.  I kinda forgot to make an appointment when I got back this semester.  That having been said, instead of emailing or something, the office waited until I tried to refill when I had none left.  And THEN emailed me saying I needed to make an appointment.  Said doc has a very busy schedule, so that was gonna take a couple weeks.  Still waiting, finally getting hit by some suckness, and...wondering if I have a right to be angry. 

Also..probably should have found out sooner: wellbutrin's one of the one's that DOESN"T fuck you over if you stop suddenly, right?

• 4 weeks later...

I've heard of some pdocs who get ornery about refilling meds if you miss an appointment.  My old pdoc was very wary about writing scrips without seeing me, but he'd work me into his schedule quickly if I ran out of any med.  I'm not aware of SEs from dropping wellbutrin but in general it's a shock to the system to just discontinue any med.

On the other hand, my pdocs write my wellbutrin with several months of refills so I don't think I've ever run out.  Is there a reason he's parsing them out?  Whatever the reason, I'd call and insist you get in ASAP.  Ask to be called if there's a cancellation.  Tell them you're having depressive symptoms and you need help.  Apologize for missing your appointment and let them know that this time you will show up.  One would think you're taking wellbutrin for a good reason and it doesn't make sense to leave you hanging out there. 

Archived