Is it ok if I vent on here for a bit? My dad stopped talking to me completely. It's a long story. He wanted me to stay home before I had to go to school to look out for 2 valuable packages to make sure they got home safely and didn't get stolen from the front porch. He said they could be here in anywhere between 10 minutes to 6 hours, although last he heard it was in the truck. I knew my brother would be home soon so I left to go to school to study early and he called me an hour later saying they were delivered and to bring them inside. I told him I was at school and he screamed at me, calling me mentally retarded.So I left school, praying to God that they wouldn't be stolen, and when I got home they were fine. I brought them inside. He sent me a text later saying that he was within a mm of chocking me out, although I don't know if he was serious. I asked if he would talk to me, and he said no, but he will when he gets home in a few days, but no talking until then. What should I do?

Jesus Christ. Your father sounds like a psycho. Does he threaten you like that regularly? Can you talk to your brother about whether he thinks your father was serious or not? Has he harmed you in the past?

Just leaving aside questions about your physical safety, your dad was way out of line asking you to leave school and calling you retarded. If he was so damned concerned about the packages and knew he wouldn't be home to receive them, why didn't he have them delivered to a local FedEx/UPS/PO location so you could pick them up when you had the time?

May I ask what you want to talk to him about when he gets home, specifically?

He doesn't threaten me like that regularly, although he does call me a "retard" an awful lot. I don't know if I can talk to my brother about this. He's never PHYSICALLY hurt me before. And I DON'T want to talk to him. He wants to talk to me. He said we'll be having a "lengthy" discussion when he gets home. Please pray for me. He gets home tomorrow.