I'm not really Odin

I've joined here mainly because mental illness is isolating, and I'm currently at a total impasse with myself mentally. I'm doing my best to stay afloat, but money is very much a problem, and I'm awaiting decision on SSDI. I'm aware that things are not currently very good in my head or my life, but I've accepted that part of my nature is being unable to quit until I've gotten drubbed all the way back into the Stone Age, so I'm trying something new to help myself. 

My diagnosis is treatment resistant MDD with psychotic features. I also have a few other dysfunctional traits, none making a full diagnostic complement. I'm in my thirties, male, single, childless (by choice on both latter).

Enjoyment isn't something I bank on, and I lack the emotional stamina to form sustainable passions. Still, I busy myself with reading, researching things I don't understand, writing fiction, and making things. Most of my clothing items have been altered in some way, and I rotate among several coloring books. 

I have hopes that I can offer something as well as receive. 

• Like 1

Hi, Báleygr. Welcome to CB. You're just our kind of guy.

Please feel free to PM me or any of the other mods if you need help navigating the site, or figuring out where to park, where the vending machines are, or how to use the unicorns' rest rooms.

Gearhead

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! The lounge at the Abyssal Inn is open 24 hours, and we keep a fire going, which is no small feat at the bottom of the sea. Come in anytime.

And I'm glad you're not really Odin. Losing an eye would hurt like billy-o.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cerberus said:

Welcome aboard! The lounge at the Abyssal Inn is open 24 hours, and we keep a fire going, which is no small feat at the bottom of the sea. Come in anytime.

And I'm glad you're not really Odin. Losing an eye would hurt like billy-o.

Thank you! I'll definitely be coming around the lounge. Coffee at the hearth is my kind of thing, and autumn is coming on now in my part of the world. 

Hanging upside down for nine days isn't my idea of a good time, either. That sounds too much like what I do already. I would definitely appreciate someone like Frigg in my life, though. 

13 minutes ago, Blahblah said:

Welcome @Báleygr For someone who's "dysfunctional" you seem quite insightful and articulate. CB is a great place to be when the going gets tough. I appreciated your reply on my thread the other day and look forward to "seeing" you around here.

Thank you! When I was in middle and high school, and my depression was milder and less frequent, I was a gifted student. I studied etymology, including taking other languages that were available to me to try and increase my understanding. It was my way to try and express the thoughts in my head. 

You're quite welcome. I'm glad you got something helpful from the thread. The other replies you received there were heartening; this is a place of kindness. I'll be staying. 

• Like 1